Rock on CHR

Moderators: jdenver, muzicmann1, heff

xcountry

Rock on CHR

Post by xcountry » Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:45 pm

It is lacking heavily. Where's the rock going? When will it be returning? Will we see a researgance in 2011? I hope so! The format's charts too over saturated with Rhythmic Pop and Hip Hop there's barely any Pop songs let alone rock songs. Sure there's elements of it but there's gotta be Rock Artists on the charts! Then how can you call a station that plays Today's Hit Music? Lacking some of today's hits yeah I think so.

dielawwnn

Re: Rock on CHR

Post by dielawwnn » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:42 pm

THERES TONS OF RHYTHMIC POP AND HIP-HOP ON THE CHR CHARTS??? When was this post written 2004? Hahahahah!! Dude there is almost no hip-hop left on the chr charts except for the inevitable few urban crossovers of whatever the present season may be. You're right when you say rock is seriously lacking on the chr charts and I don't think its any kind of permanent thing, just chalk it up to how the tides are always changing. The indisputable fact right now is the electro-pop rules. Haha and its a tough call as to whether we're just seeing the start or we're witnessing the peak of this era. I dont know WHAT you are talking about when you say there are hardly any pop songs in the top 40; pop music hasn't been more in since the year 2000. Just my opinion though no disrespect. All I know is I want auto-tune BACK on urban NOW!!

DJ Dielawn

hatrick863

Re: Rock on CHR

Post by hatrick863 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:39 pm

As far as rock goes it depends on what kind of rock. Coldplay is releasing a CD this year. David Cook, Orianthi(more rock oriented album) those are more CHR oriented artists. I don't know when Nickelback, Daughtry are releasing thier next material.

Other than that there will be a few token rock crossover artists. Right now it's Neon Trees and Sick Puppies. Who knows, My Darkest Days may break into top 40 with their cheeseball song.