CC / Bob Pittman

Opinions, comments, critiques, and what you hear is going on – post it, share it!
techniciantothestars

CC / Bob Pittman

Post by techniciantothestars » Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:30 am

I really have to believe that no one working at Clear Channel (outside of perhaps those in the executive suites in San Antonio) appreciates hearing about Bob Pittman's salary and bonus package - which is plastered all over trades like flies on dog crap.

cuddzu

Re: CC / Bob Pittman

Post by cuddzu » Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:42 pm

Especially those of us who lost our jobs due to CC downsizing and restructuring. Guess they needed our salaries for Bob! :-)

ronnie2057

Post by ronnie2057 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:18 am

Not even Bob "Diapers" Pittman can save Clear Channel. The days of 1977 are LOOooooong gone! But, I won't begrudge him for an honest salary. He did have the decency to respond to me when I sent him an aircheck way back in the day.

ccformer

Post by ccformer » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:56 am

I, too, am afraid that it's too late for my former employer. Pittman has had his shares of both success and failure, which is typical in the business community. Even though I was laid off, I don't begrudge him getting a good deal, IF he can get the job done. Time will tell whether or not he's deserving of it. But, on the other hand, I don't understand how John Hogan has kept his job. I was working for a successful cluster of stations when he took over. His corporate mandates are part of the reason that cluster's numbers (both ratings and revenue) were drastically reduced. And it's the same for other CC properties. As other people's jobs have been cut to spend the money elsewhere, maybe John should be cut for the company to pay for Bob.