WHY THE SECRECY?

Opinions, comments, critiques, and what you hear is going on – post it, share it!
danno

WHY THE SECRECY?

Post by danno » Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:07 pm

over 6 months ago i sent off to a Blind Box Ad, it mentioned format, and market thats all...a few weeks later i got a call from a guy who wanted to interview me, there was NO number or business attached to his call that popped up on my phone, usually i don't answer those kind of calls but i did, he gave me his 1st name only, i thought that IF he were wanting an interview with me, i must be one of the finalists and i might get some more information about WHAT station it was and WHAT opening they had and so on. NOPE just his first name, he said he was going to fire somebody in a couple of days and he could not give me any more information. so we proceeded with the interview it lasted for 30 minutes(i was waiting for the guy on the other end to ask me what my bank account or SS number was THEN I WOULD KNOW IT WAS SOME KIND OF SCAM,but he didn't) .. as it turns out, i followed developments in the market he said he was in and NOBODY was Fired THERE.. i also said if he hired someone else that would be OK too, just let me know where this goes. i never heard back from him, guess i didn't get the job, not a big deal, BUT don't you think that IF you are going to give PERSONAL CAREER info to a STRANGER on the phone, they owe you at least an e-mail or call about the outcome of their job search? at least the ones he ACTUALLY INTERVIEWED which were probably 4 or 5 people? and WHY the Cloak a Dagger routine when it comes to these job openings??? My God its NOT like you are going for a job at the CIA! and besides, IF he had been up front with me WHY would i screw my chances for the job by talking??? it is Ridiculous! i have been a PD and i have hired people, and i was always up front with people about the job opening.

cuddzu

Re: WHY THE SECRECY?

Post by cuddzu » Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:55 pm

Because anything and everything can and usually winds up out in the open.

Case in point...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jis2JbhL ... e=youtu.be
Thank You
All Access Moderator

danno

Post by danno » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:01 pm

There are alot of Weasels in this business, if you have a great Job working with Great Management, you are Truly Blessed.

jjenkins

Post by jjenkins » Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:59 am

You wonder why a radio person was shady, weird and disrespectful of your time? LOL, newbie.