Tribute Jo-Jo Coookin' Kincaid Q106 SanDiego

Opinions, comments, critiques, and what you hear is going on – post it, share it!
johnwilson25

Tribute Jo-Jo Coookin' Kincaid Q106 SanDiego

Post by johnwilson25 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:04 am

Howard Stern pays homage to the legend.
https://soundcloud.com/jojokincaid/howa ... about-jojo
Last edited by johnwilson25 on Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

donobrian

Re: Tribute Jo-Jo Coookin' Kincaid Q106 SanDiego

Post by donobrian » Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:06 pm

Now this video will make a hipster libs head explode. A guy having fun enjoying what he is doing, showing passion, and not giving an f if what anyone else thinks, this is to Hipster lib what pork is to Muslim.

The Stern wannabes trying to convince themselves that they are so cool by trashing this legend is beyond funny though. They are such a cliche, I wonder if the misery of being trapped in that insecurity and nastiness is worse than being a drug addicted and homeless with not a dime to your name.

JoJo was the man in the 80s, no wonder that station became number #1 in no time in the late 80s with such incredible talent. That guy made everyone who was listening ready for the weekend, getting them into a great mood, smiling, laughing and being happy, all the most evil of things possible to the hipster libs.

sweaver118

Post by sweaver118 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:01 pm

I had the privilege of working on the same staff with Jo Jo in the mid 70's and his act was just as tight then as it was on the Video Aircheck Howard was referring to. We were all at KSLQ in St. Louis. There was talent all around that station. There was another guy on staff named Young Bobby Day who was so tight and on target with every talk break; back then we talked over every. My God, how I ever got to work along side those guys I will never know. It was like a radio clinic everyday. Other notables on the staff at the time, Jeff Burd, (Became huge in DC Morning Radio), Terry Foxx, (Did legendary creative production work At KMEL, KMJM, and at WTKU), The Late Bobby Hattrick (Programming Chief for Double Day Broadcasting in the 80's, Brad Hildebrand(Owned a local traffic service and cashed in by selling it to Metro Traffic), Newsman Rob Hummel (became an Executive at Columbia Pictures), and even the late Bill Bailey of WLS fame did a stint at the station as PD and Mornings. Did I mention Chuck Geiger, I still have an aircheck of him and I doing cross talk as he was leaving and I was coming on the air. Jo Jo was incredible and then Sunny Joe White talked him into coming to work for him at 108 in Boston. I should not forget Mike Watermann, a craftsman. We even had a kid answering our request lines who went on to rule Pittsburgh Morning radio at B94, Banana Don Jefferson. And there were PDs Charlie Lake and some guy named Joel Denver, ha ha! I will stop there.

Radio Talent Coach Sam Weaver

sweaver118

Post by sweaver118 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:22 pm

I need to correct something I said when mentioning the KSLQ staff Jo Jo was was a member of, I meant to say Jeff Baker who later went on to have morning success in Washington DC. I said Steve Burd;Burd was David Burd who was his morning partner.