The Mix In B'More Going Top 40?

adam_bomb

The Mix In B'More Going Top 40?

Post by adam_bomb » Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:07 pm

Take a look at Jason Kidd's music will ya? Looks just this shy of being a Top 40 to me. Maybe this could be Dom Theodore's next stop?

Lotta folks think it's Cleveland or Orlando -- but this is low-hanging fruit and would be an easy win for CBS.

chrr

Re: The Mix In B'More Going Top 40?

Post by chrr » Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:05 am

Mix 106.5 is the market's default CHR. The station has been very slowly evolving into a full blown CHR over the past couple of years.
I don't see CBS Radio blowing up the Mix moniker anytime soon, they have to play a delicate game here. The reason being? According to the (first) PPM numbers, Mix 106.5 is the second highest cuming station in the market, and 4th in ratings share.
I'm baffled though why Clear Channel has been waiting around so long and hasn't launched a full blown CHR/Pop here. Modern Rocker WCHH, Channel 104.3, isn't setting the world on fire with its 2.1 share. And cume wise? DC's local CHR/Pop outlet, Hot 99.5, actually outcumes it in the Baltimore ratings!

chrr

Post by chrr » Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:13 am

With regards to Orlando, it would be awesome to resurrect BJ 105 (Orlando's premiere CHR in the 80s, just as B-104 was for Baltimore). If it will be a CHR/Pop that skews more on the Rhythmic side you can bet that both XL 106.7 and Power 95.3 will feel the pinch.
The added caveat? 105.1's signal also reaches the Melbourne and Daytona Beach markets. Orlando as a TV market includes all three metro areas (which is why it's a Top 20 market).
So whats keeping all this from happening? Mix 105.1 may not be one of the top rated stations in town, but for a Hot AC to post a 3.8 can't be too bad.

chrr

Post by chrr » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:06 pm

chrr wrote:Mix 106.5 is the market's default CHR. The station has been very slowly evolving into a full blown CHR over the past couple of years.
I don't see CBS Radio blowing up the Mix moniker anytime soon, they have to play a delicate game here. The reason being? According to the (first) PPM numbers, Mix 106.5 is the second highest cuming station in the market, and 4th in ratings share.
I'm baffled though why Clear Channel has been waiting around so long and hasn't launched a full blown CHR/Pop here. Modern Rocker WCHH, Channel 104.3, isn't setting the world on fire with its 2.1 share. And cume wise? DC's local CHR/Pop outlet, Hot 99.5, actually outcumes it in the Baltimore ratings!
Yeayah! Did I Call it or what? :)

http://www.z1043.com/mediaplayer/?stati ... nel_title=

Z-104.3 debuted today and there's no mistaking its sound - this is a full blown, current-based CHR/Pop outlet.